Next Few Events
World Orienteering Day clothing can be purchased via https://www.bryzosport.com/wodcollection
WORLD ORIENTEERING DAY – WED 24 MAY 17
The Army Orienteering Association (AOA) will be actively supporting the International Orienteering Federations (IOFs) vision for the World Orienteering Day (WOD) on Wed 24 May 17. Fortunately for the British Army, this is the same day as Day 1 of the Inter Units Orienteering Championship; which will take place on Wed 24 and Thu 25 May 17 organised by the AGC. Capt Brett Green is the organiser and he has already been making initial arrangements. He will be actively supported by the AOA and other experts. The AOA will be responsible for marketing the WOD as an opportunity for Regular and Reserve soldiers to take part in...Read more...
Due to the current incumbent's impending departure from the service a volunteer is sought to take on the role of AOA Secretary.
The Secretary's role includes:
- Support to the AOA Chairman and Executive Committee including liaison with various stakeholders, arranging meetings and producing minutes
- Annual issue of authoritative DINs and ABNs
- Management of the public budget allocated to the AOA including authorising bill payments
- Arrangement and coordination of the annual Army Individual Championships
- Support and governance advice to Corps and League Chairmen, Secretaries and units
- Support and advice to Corps Secretaries...