Further guidance on GDPR and what it means for Army Orienteering is now available in the Document section of this site - http://www.baoc.info/sites/default/files/GDPR%20Note-Jul%2018.pdf
The Army Orienteering Association (AOA) will expect AOA sponsored event organisers and other responsible officials to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018, which encompassed the EU General Data Protection Regulation on 25 May.
The Six Principles of the Data Protection Act
1. Processing must be lawful and fair.
2. Purpose of processing must be specified, explicit and legitimate.
3. Personal data must be adequate relevant and not excessive.
4. Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date.
5. Personal data must be kept for no longer than necessary.
6. Personal data must be processed in a secure manner.